Screw Piles, sometimes referred to as screw anchors, screw-piles, helical piles and helical anchors are a steel screw-in piling and ground anchoring system used for building deep foundations.
SCREW PILES MELBOURNE
Screw piles are manufactured using varying sizes of tubular hollow sections for the pile or anchors shaft. Fabricated from 350-400 grade steel, the shafts have either single or multiple helix plate welded at their base with an attack bit attached for the ease of soil penetration.
The pile shaft transfers a structure’s load into the pile. Helical steel plates are welded to the pile shaft in accordance with the intended ground conditions.
Helices can be press-formed to a specified pitch or simply consist of flat plates welded at a specified pitch to the pile’s shaft. The number of helices, their diameters and position on the pile shaft as well as steel plate thickness are all determined by a combination of:
- The combined structure design load requirement
- The geotechnical parameters
- Environmental corrosion parameters
- The minimum design life of the structure being supported or restrained.
COST EFFECTIVE AND ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS
Screw Piles are the most cost effective and environmentally friendly foundation type available in both domestic and commercial construction.
It is also the most rapid in installation as well as causing minimal disturbance to the soil profile during installation.
Applications for screw pile include:
- Underpinning new or existing structure
- Cost effective option to board piers
- Ideal in the replacement of concrete pads and stumps
- Replacement of blinding concrete
Screw Piles Replace The Need For:
- Reclaimed land covered in unstable fill
- Ideal for sites where the water table creates founding problems
- Driven timber or concrete piles
- Labour intensive board piers
All Screw Pile Designs are compliant with Australian Standard 2159.
We service Screw Piles Melbourne wide! For you free no obligation quote, give us a call or email us today and one of our friendly staff members will be in touch!
Contact us today for a free quote.